Guatemala- take 3. The trifecta. Feeling very fortunate to be able to take this trip three years in a row. Blessed or spoiled, or a little of both. Vacation or work or a little of both. I’m sitting on a bus after 15 hours of traveling- with still a couple hours to go. Many things are familiar- the roads, the routine, many of the same people- so I’m not nervous anymore- but anxious to see what stories we will share this week about specific people we have been able to help. Excited to be bringing along one of Nate’s girlfriends friends- Tara. A young nurse who just passed her boards- who will start her career with a rare perspective on the haves and the have nots. She is quickly becoming my friend in her own right- an adorable, kind and I imagine hard working young woman. She has a good family and a boyfriend with whom I made a promise to look out for her and keep her safe. I have no doubt she’ll do just fine. ❤️
Coming here the last 2 years has centered me a bit on what’s really important, which is easy to forget in our overscheduled world. I have so much to be thankful for- family and health being two of those. I have a rewarding career, though it does keep me away from the things that are important more than I care for- life is full of trade offs I suppose.
Anyways, here’s to the start of this trip- May it bring us all closer together, while helping as many people as we can, and praying we all get back safely to all the things that are important to us.
Thank you to all of the special people in my life who have loved and supported me- Christian, my boys, the rest of our big family and all our friends. Love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment